Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The new Church Lady



This is real love (1John 4:10)


 Recently several friends re-posted a Blog to me from PearlsandGrace.blog because the blogger mentioned "the new church lady". Since I wrote a book titled- Church Lady-Freed To be a Woman of God; they thought I'd like to read it, and I'm so glad I did.


It’s exciting for others to be talking about the church lady. When this happens I see it as a confirmation from my heavenly Father that I'm on the right track of what He wants me to communicate. The blogger asked the question- “Do you feel that Christians are known more for what they stand against or what they stand for?” Interesting question! This could lead into a great round table discussion or....blog conversation, no doubt.


The bloggers story could be included in the pages of Church Lady. She talks about the morning she walked into the church "unwed single mama raising a baby on about $6.00 an hour and no support of any kind", and was judged.
As my friend Max Lucado says, "Isn't it good to know that when we don't love with a perfect love, God does."


In my book, transparent stories unveil the real hurts, of real church ladies, who've been trying to act like they have it all together, when really they don't. Surely you too have judged others. It’s such an ugly characteristic, don’t you agree? Praise God, He’s still working on me, to make me what I ought to be!




Eye’s Like His


Although my optometrist told me that I had 20/20 vision, I was in real need of an adjustment. I was seeing with human eyes when what I needed was eye's like His. The Great Physician got me still enough, for long enough, to adjust my heart, which adjusted my eyes. Then The Lord sent me on a journey where I began to recognize my flaws, my judgmental ways, and religious pride. For some reason, (remember we are born with a sin nature and that's why we need Jesus), I think women feel the need to appear that they have it all together no matter what hurt they may be facing out in the “real world”. So they (we) act like they (we) are happy and content, have good children, beautiful homes, great marriages, a content happy single life, etc... There is freedom found when we are REAL. Guess what? People like REAL! So instead of trying to change everyone else, ask your heavenly Father to adjust your vision. I highly recommend it! Seeing others through eye's like His...Wow! It changes the way we see ourselves and others.


The reality is that Christians often expect people who do not know God to act godly- to uphold the standards that we strive to.  (1 John 1:5-7) God is light and no shadow of darkness can exist in him. We've been called out of darkness, into the light. (1 Peter 2:9) Those still walking in the darkness cannot see.


We are called to love-everyone!


"Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.” -Romans 12:9




The church building is a place of worship where we come together to honor and adore Him, hear and study The Word of God (the Bible), all while surrounded by the love of Christ that flows from the people; children of God. 


The church is nothing without the people. Let’s desire to become the light in the darkness, the help to the hurting, the hand to the hopeless, the hug to the lonely, and the friend to the friendless. Let’s remember not to just teach the Good News of Jesus Christ but to live it outside the walls of the building so others will want to come and see.


A sample prayer if you’d like to pray with me.


Father forgive us, your followers, your daughters; church ladies- when we reflect self instead of being a reflection of You. Help us remember that no one is perfect, not even one (that means not even me!). Help us to love others with a genuine love.  Lord, I am thankful for the many beautiful, (inside and out) Church Ladies who have reflected your love; who’ve been godly examples of a church lady. Lord, continue to adjust our human vision. That in each moment You would give us grace to see, a heart that’s open, and a joy that not only brings new light to our own eyes, but that spreads like fire to those around us. Oh Lord, give me Your eyes-agape eyes. Amen.


 


“See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! -1John 3:1


“Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other, let us really show it by our actions.”
 -1John 3: 18


“God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him, this is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love has been brought to full expression through us.” 1John 4:11,12

On Valentine’s Day and every day, never pass up an opportunity to tell someone that you love them.


May you be filled with much love today and always, because you know the One who is LOVE.
Love in Christ, Chandra


 Redefining the modern day Church Lady, Peele challenges her reader to embrace her calling to take the church into the world. Admitting none of us have it all together (although we try real hard to act like we do), Chandra challenges us to reflect the love and beauty of Christ in spite of our circumstances; the good, the bad and the ugly. Who is the Church Lady? Take a look in the mirror-YOU woman of God, are the Church Lady 


“Church Lady or un-churched lady, you will be blessed as Chandra shares what God has shown her, taught her, and done in her. As you read, you will feel like she is your best friend taking you on a great road trip. This trip will be insightful as you see yourself in the Church Lady. So, sit back and relax with your favorite travel mug, and enjoy the journey of- The Church Lady. “ –Denalyn Lucado


 


Chandra Peele


Speaker/Author




face book – Chandra Peele


Google


You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment