Thursday, January 19, 2012

God cares about the linen's!

When was the last time you saw something in a magazine or perhaps something someone was wearing or got a glimpse of something when you were shopping that you just couldn’t get out of your mind? Well, A couple of months ago when Holly and I were gathering ideas for her wedding we saw the perfect linen’s for the reception. Since that day, those linens have been the foundation of the reception. The flowers, lighting, table setting; everything! Unfortunately we recently found out that the linens would not be available for us to rent. Disappointed, we tried to be positive and agreed perhaps we would find something even better! Well yesterday was our appointment with the linen company our venue works with. As the sweet sales girl brought out ten or so possibilities in Holly’s color scheme, none of them said, “PICK ME PICK ME!”   We tried to envision each one spread across 25 tables with everything else we have selected and we had a melancholy feeling of just okay.
 As the sales girl laid out the last option, I looked at Holly and Holly said, “Okay mom! You don’t like this one either.” I was a bit embarrassed with her tone but she said she could tell by the look on my face that I didn’t LOVE it, or even like it for that matter. Don’t you hate that! What look? If you have a mother or sister…you know what I mean.
 “Holly. This is your wedding honey. Do you like this one? Or which one do you like best?” I asked. At that moment a lady from the office (which had apparently over heard our whole thirty minute viewing time) came out and told the young lady to get us another piece from the back she thought might work. Although it was the best of what we had seen, she could see the look of we’ll settle for it, on our faces. She said, “Can you describe the linen you want?” As Holly described it she pulled out a book of fabrics and said, is it this one?” Oh my goodness!! It was the fabric we loved! She said, “Well, let me see if we could have these made for your wedding because we also love this fabric.” We were just about jumping up and down with excitement as she called the owner. She motioned for the sales lady who had been helping us to go get the sample from the back. Much to our surprise there it was the beautiful table linen we had dreamed about!  I know you must be thinking “Are you seriously that picky about the linens?” Oh just wait until you get to plan your daughter’s wedding. Once she has something in her mind (or you do), you can’t help but want to make it happen. This though was a God thing for sure! Seriously! Do you know how many linen places there must be in Houston? A lot! We chose this one and they just happen to have the same fabric swatch!!! I believe the Lord works ALL things together for good for those who love Him. And we do! I told the lady I felt like a spoiled child that cried until I got what I wanted. We all laughed. I said, “That’s Our Father! Taken care of His girls! I’d say, we are blessed…not spoiled.” We all agreed.
I thought it would be days until we heard whether they would make them or not but within a few minutes the owner sent a text and with a smile on her face the manager read it out loud. “Are they nice?” She sent a text back, “Yes!” And praise Jesus we are getting the linens we’ve wanted since that day we saw them first.
Holly and I laughed all the way to the car and still cannot believe they are actually having linens made for Holly and Caleb’s special day!
Oh the life of the Mother of the Bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment